When I moved from Washington to Minnesota, I thought the creatures that were the bane of my existence would not follow.
I assumed correctly.
But it seems to me that something new -- this time with four feet -- has entered my home. During the wee hours this morning, I woke to the pitter patter of four feet, or more depending how many nocturnal creatures were fighting, in the wall behind my bed. I shook Ben awake, who acknowledged that I wasn't hearing things. Something or some things were inside our wall. Oblivious to us.
The chasing or fighting or mating, what have you, lasted for about 15 minutes. Clutching the sheets up to my face, I thought that would be the end of my sleep for the night. And like out of some scary movie, I wondered if grabbing a butcher knife from the kitchen and hiding it under my mattress would save me should these creatures eat their way through the wall.
Ben started snoring.
About 10 or 15 minutes after the scampering stopped, I fell asleep. This morning, I wasn't sure if I believed what I heard last night. So I asked Ben if I had been dreaming or if I had really heard them. They were real, he assured me.
I've put a call into the landlord.
1 comment:
Hopefully they're just squirrels!
Post a Comment