Friday, August 10, 2007

It's berry berry good

Ben and I are going to his sister's for dinner tomorrow night. I'm bringing the dessert. I don't want to buy anything pre-made from a store or resort to a boxed dessert. Also, I'm not very skilled when it comes to homemade baking.

I found this recipe on the Food Network. It's low in cal, which Ben and I like, and it seems simple to make. Here it is. Unless I get recommendations before tomorrow morning, I will go with this.

Thoughts?

Very Berry Salad
Copyright, 2005, Ellie Krieger
All rights reserved

2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
2 teaspoons honey
1 16-ounce container strawberries, trimmed
1 8-ounce container blueberries
1 6-ounce container raspberries
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves


In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, orange liqueur, and honey. In a large bowl combine the berries and the mint. Pour the dressing on top and toss gently.

Nutrition Information
Nutritional Analysis per serving Calories 83
Total Fat 0 grams Saturated Fat 0 grams
Carbohydrates 20 grams Protein 2 gram
Fiber 4 grams

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

That sounds REALLY good! I think I'm going to try this one!!