If you're like me -- someone who has little knowledge of the culinary arts -- you get excited at the slightest mastery of any dish. And you may go overboard, making it every chance you get because, finally, you've done something right.
For years I cooked green beans from a can, never truly enjoying the wonderfulness of saute'ed fresh green beans. Until last month, that is. I watched Ben saute' them, and I've been copying him ever since. Now I feel like the queen of green beans.
Saute'ed green beans
Ingredients:
--fresh green beans, ends snipped off and washed
--approx. 1-2 tsp. of minced garlic
--olive oil
--crushed black pepper and salt
--a dash of garlic salt
Directions:
--coat pan with olive oil
--stir in minced garlic, so it's evenly distributed
--toss in green beans
--sprinkle pepper, salt and garlic salt on green beans
I cook them over medium heat, so as not to burn the beans or make them mushy. Ben and I like our beans with a little crunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment