Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wanted: Income

I am wondering at what point I pause pause the serious career search and find any job I can get. (There's a running/walking store three blocks away, and I'm so tempted to stop in and ask if there are part-time opportunities. But I'm a big chicken. I doubt the store needs more help.)

Or maybe return to school to get a degree in an in-demand industry, like nursing. Although the only science class I took during college was geology -- or rocks for jocks as I called it -- and performed miserably. Worst grade I got during college!

Or maybe become a fitness trainer, since I so firmly believe that everyone should exercise but might need a little guidance and encouragement. I've gotten many a friend to sign up for distance races. But would you pay me $25 an hour (I'm worth it!) to show you how to run on the treadmill?

Granted, I've only been searching job listings, randomly applying for jobs and cold e-mailing people who might aid my quest for income for about two weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so happy you're posting more often! keep 'em coming :) in the meantime, i've got plenty of recipe ideas for you...