Monday, September 21, 2009

Future top chef?


Ben is tired of me saying how I'm impressed I am with myself. So I will tell you all instead.

I'm impressed with myself.

Why?

Because even though I was tired and wanted to put it off last night, I made the corn chowder recipe I mentioned the other day. And it turned out perfectly. I don't think I've been able to say that very often about the various recipes I've tried.

Ben liked the corn chowder. I liked it. All was good.

If you are curious and want to try your hand at homemade chowder, see this post for the recipe. But make it soon -- you need sweet corn on the cob for this dish.

Also, I did stray from the recipe a little. I left out the thyme. I'm not the biggest fan, and neither is Ben.

Enjoy! And, if you make it, you will have to let me know what you think.