Thursday, September 17, 2009

corndog, but not in that order

The dog
Some of you have expressed concern over Indie.

The good news is that he has been the same Indie all week: full of spirit, very loving and active. He even chased after his girlfriend, a three-month-old puggle, Tuesday evening at top speed.

The bad news is that he's had diarrhea flare-ups. I don't think anything is seriously wrong with him. I blame the flare-ups on me. I stopped giving him medicine late last week a day or two after his diarrhea had ceased. I was under the impression from the doctor to stop giving him the medicines after he had a full day or two of normal poop (sorry, too much information?). I should have continued giving him the medicine and prescription dog food until the meds ran out. So now he's taking medicine with his meals, and he seems to be doing better (or should I say, I'm not cleaning up around the house?).

The corn
I've never had corn chowder, but after reading a blog post about it, that's going to change.

While I'm running the Chicago Beachathlon on Saturday, Ben will be on a mission at the Evanston Farmer's Market to pick up ingredients for this. I love corn, and I love potatoes, so I'm pretty sure I will love this. The recipe calls for bacon, so I think Ben will love it, too.

I plan to make it for dinner Sunday. And if I do, I will make sure you get to read all about it.

Are you a corn chowder fan? Have you ever made it? If you have tips, a recipe or want to weigh in, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anna W. said...

Ok - I LOVE corn chowder, but I would personally way prefer chicken to bacon. Chicken/corn/potatoes are one of my favorite combinations for soup!