Thursday, August 27, 2009

SOS: I need help in the kitchen!

Ben returns from Peru Saturday around midnight, which means we have one day together before all the craziness of school starts at 8 a.m. Monday.

My hope is for us to relax together on Sunday. He will need it -- business school is really a two-year marathon where you get few water breaks. And although you might think an unemployed gal has lots of time on her hands, it ain't true. Looking for a full-time job has turned into a full-time job. And I'm doing a little freelancing. So Ben is not the only one who needs TLC.

So I've been thinking I should cook us a wonderful meal for us on Sunday. Ben will adore me for it. And I enjoy being adored:) We'll stay in, rent a move and eat whatever I whip up for us.

Here's the thing: I haven't cooked anything new or adventurous in a long while. And I'm not sure if I remember how to cook anything beyond buttered noodles, mac-n-cheese, and...cereal.

Oh dear.

No comments: