The people have spoken, and it's because of you, dear voters, that I will run the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati on Sunday, May 2.
Over the top? A little much?
OK, truth is, I'm doing the Flying Pig Marathon for me -- and because I couldn't ignore the itch I've had for weeks to do a spring marathon. A little solicited nudging from friends helped me make the decision. And it sounds like fun. I mean, there will be flying pigs there, right? And my hotel is in Kentucky, where I've never been, so yay for adventure!
Last year, I wanted to run two marathons in one calendar year (I did run two in 365 days -- Twin Cities in October 2008 and Fargo in May 2009), and then crazy life stuff happened -- like moving to another state, leaving a job, traveling to Italy and seeing my sister get married! I ended up doing only the Fargo Marathon. I was close (OK half-way) to my goal, but no cigar.
So far, in 2010, I have no excuses. I have a fairly low-stress, 9-5 job that leaves me with time and energy for training. I've made several running buddies here in Evanston who I hope will join me on some training runs. I've also got a solid base going, not to mention my health and youth.
Call me crazy. Call me forgetful. But I've decided to spend the cold winter months in the Midwest training for a marathon...yet again.
The countdown starts: 92 days until race day.
No comments:
Post a Comment