Ben and I purchased our first wok yesterday. I've often found the need for a wok, but the need has never been so great that I've purposely shopped for one.
Yesterday, we were on the hunt for a tall lamp at Home Goods* -- which I think is one of the greatest home furnishing stores ever -- when I found a wok for a whopping $20. With the exceptions of a Kitchen Aid mixer and a fancy coffee maker, which are on my wish list, I don't care about or desire expensive kitchen gadgets. I'm sure the $20 wok will work just fine -- for now.
Here's to using the wok, modifying recipes and gathering material for the blog.
*Think of it as a TJ Max for home furnishings. You can get great, beautiful designer stuff for a fraction of the cost. If Ben hadn't been with me, I can only imagine the sort of financial damage I could have done at that store.
2 comments:
HOORAY! I love my wok, and am SUPER excited to get it moved out here this month!! If I think of it (slash if I can find it) I'll pop my wok recipes book in the mail for you (also send me your new addy)
I have the KitchenAid mixer and the fancy coffee maker - not a wok. I'll have to check out my TJ Max/Homegoods!! Our's is literally called both!
Post a Comment