Thursday, January 21, 2010

Restraint

I'm in trouble.

A new business called "I Dream of Sweets" opened up just a block away from my home. The store features pastries, ice cream and other goodies; is open daily; and has a sweet deal going on now (a muffin and coffee/tea for only $2.29!).

I've been a good, disciplined girl. I haven't walked inside just to browse. But my restraint likely ends Sunday. I have a run on the calendar with the ladies, and I have suggested we stop by afterward. You know, to reward our miles and erase any calories we might have burned.

By the time summer rolls around, I think "I Dream of Sweets" is going to be my new Cupcake. Cupcake was my bakery/cafe of choice for years while living in Minneapolis. Along with my running buddies LeAnn and Naomi, it got me through many a marathon training run. When I didn't want to run those last miles of a 16-, 18- or 20-miler, I just imagined a ginger-pear scone and a raspberry iced tea waiting for me at Cupcake.

I wonder what item from "I Dream of Sweets" will carry me through the final miles of a training run.

2 comments:

Abby B said...

Mmmmm.

gratefulyoga said...

let's go there! i've never been! next dog walk...