Thursday, January 14, 2010

Miracles can happen!

My days of freedom are over. No more spending all day with the pooch, running whenever I want or meeting friends for coffee during the middle of the day. Come Monday, I rejoin the workforce.

With the exception of my job search, I have always tried to keep my work life separate from the blog, so you won't see much, if any, work-related fodder here. But I will say this about my new job:
--I will spend a bulk of my time interviewing and writing, but this isn't a journalism gig. My title will be "content developer."
--I will get to wear jeans.
--The job is temporary.

Thank you all for your positive encouragement during what has been a tough journey for me. I welcome continued support, because my job search doesn't end with this work opportunity. It is a contract position and could end at any time. I could be earning a paycheck for a few weeks or a few months.

3 comments:

Abby B said...

Here's to paychecks! Hip hip hooray!

Emma said...

A HUGE and well-deserved CONGRATULATIONS, Brady! :) It may not come with cushy benefits or be permanent, but it definitely falls well within the categories for Job Search Wins.

Hope you are baking something wonderful to celebrate!

newRDcook said...

Congratulations! I think your Food Writing class sounds so interesting, too! Looking forward to reading about it.