Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ab power

If you asked me what I want to get out of running and exercising, besides a Boston Marathon qualifying time, I would tell you that I want abs of steel. And not just any abs of steel, but Lolo Jones, six-pack abs.

I'm neither an Olympian nor a consumer of only healthy foods (I have a child-like love affair with candy. Milk Duds, Sour Patch Kids and licorice make me happy).

But knowledge is on my side, and knowledge is ab power. After soaking up the latest issue of Runners' World this week and watching ab and core exercises, I think I might be on my way to having ab power.

Today I sucked up my fear of male gawkers at the gym and did the exercise in the video below, even though I felt slightly foolish. Oh, and I did the "cheerleader."

Abs of steel are just around the corner. Right?

No comments: