Monday, January 5, 2009

I signed up for this?

I'm having one of those moments when I'm questioning why I signed up for the Fargo Marathon.

Today is officially Day 2 of training, and the race is 123 days away.

I had planned to run 10 miles yesterday, but it wasn't in the cards. When the wind chill was negative 23, I knew I'd be putting on my shorts and running the belt of doom instead of wearing tights and carefully jogging along icy paths. Instead of 10 miles, I ran 3.

This Minnesota winter has been a real downer. I pride myself in being a runner who braves the outdoors in the winter. But when the temps dip into the negative digits, I'm a big wimp.

I have to remember why I signed up for the marathon in the first place:
--I love the challenge.
--There's nothing like crossing the finish line and knowing you put everything out there for 26.2 miles.
--I want to look extra trim for my sister's wedding.
--It's time to try a new marathon.
--I hear Fargo gives out kick-butt T-shirts.

No comments: