Wednesday, January 21, 2009

They're baaack

I heard them tonight. The scurrying back and forth in the wall behind our bed.

Don't bats hibernate? Don't they have a season when they leave humans alone?

Seriously. I thought when our landlord forked out plenty of cash to remove our friends this summer, we'd never hear them fluttering around again. I was so wrong.

Now, I'm not only worried for Ben's safety and mine. I have a puppy -- my baby -- to protect. When I heard the sound of the bats -- or maybe a new creature? -- all I could think of was whether my editor would mind Indiana joining me at work for a few days.

I don't want to leave the little guy exposed to an infected bat. I'm certain he has his rabies vaccinations, and I will check his records tonight to be sure.

Damn those bats. And why did they have to return while I'm reading a fictional book about vampires and love and danger?

Creepy.

1 comment:

Anna W. said...

are you reading twilight?