Domestic diva report: I put on my cape and was super woman again yesterday.
I made dinner for my man and me. It was nothing special, but still, I cooked. Then I cut all the vegetables for today's sequel of potato soup. And I baked a loaf of banana nut bread. I used wheat flour. It's healthy and tastes good.
The men in my bed: These days, I'm sleeping with two guys. At the same time.
Indie lasted in his cage a few weeks. It's not that he whined when we left him in his kennel. He barked when one of us got up in the night. So middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks weren't allowed. And once we started having him sleep with us, we couldn't put him back in the kennel.
So now, if I don't go to bed early, I get to listen to two snoring men.
Mall rat: Those who've ever shopped with me know I'm terribly indecisive. I pace. I analyze. I sweat a little. I move on to another store before choosing whether to buy the product from the previous store.
Today I can add stalker to being an indecisive, anxious shopper.
I was at the mall, and I found a purse that I loved. Now, I used to have a problem with purses. I bought them often. I'm much better these days. I get one, maybe two a year, if that many. I got a purse this summer, though, that I had already grown weary of. And this purse that I found today fit more with the winter season.
But I'm indecisive. So I left it behind, knowing I'd walk through the store again on my way out the parking lot. If it's still there, I told myself, then I was meant to have it.
I stopped by the clearance bin that had my purse on my way out. But another shopper had it in her grasp. And she was discussing with her man whether she should buy it, and whether it would go with her wardrobe. I was tempted to tap on her shoulder and tell her that beauty she was holding was mine. So if she would please kindly back away from my handbag.
She continued looking at other bags throughout the store, discussing every one that had potential with her man. I followed closely, eying whether she still had my purse. About five minutes in, she settled on a different purse. Then the search was on. Where'd she put my bag? I found it in a section with other Franco Sarto bags. And there were plenty. Its brothers and sisters were on sale, too. They just weren't in the clearance bin.
Today I was a bit of a materialistic freak who followed another shopper. And I feel bad about that. But my bag makes me feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment