Monday, January 19, 2009

I loathe my car

It appears that my car cannot go more than two months without having something go wrong with it.

On Election Day, it had a flat tire. Today, it's a window that went off track. And I don't need to re-hash what else happened in 2008.

I've been a good girl about not using my power window (the passenger window is questionable, hence, I can only use the one window) during the frigid weather we've had. I just got a new motor and window this fall, and I don't want to risk anything happening to them.

But today I used the window for two reasons: 1.) it was warm (20 degrees) and 2.) I was pissed off because I couldn't find my key card -- which I swear I never remove from my car -- and had to pay $7 to get out of the ramp where I already pay $110/month to park every day.

In almost any other car, its windows would work perfectly. Not mine. So I got to look forward to a 45-minute drive home -- in the middle of winter -- with my window stuck open.

I went to my mechanic, who doesn't do body work but who I hoped would have a heart and store my car overnight. I don't have a garage. He had a heart. And he's going to fix the car tomorrow. And he can tell the body shop, which is located next door to his shop, that just a few months after fixing my window, it's broken, again.

When I sell* my car, I'm going to have a party to celebrate its absence. I will invite friends, and the champagne will flow.



*I'd give it away, but I need the coffee money.

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

Oh no!! It is still not even close to warm enough to drive around town with your window open!! I hope everything works out!