Monday, February 2, 2009

Read after eating.


Indie turned 7 months yesterday.

He's come a long way since we got him. He's no longer afraid of us. He understands commands to sit, lay down, roll over and leave his treat (thanks to Ben's fine training skills). He also understands his name. He regularly poops and pees outside.

But there are days when Indie's inner demon comes out and says hello.

On Thursday, he wanted to hump. I had trouble folding blankets because he latched on to them and humped like he had just run into a poodle in heat prancing down the sidewalk.

Ben came home Friday to find Indie had gone potty in his exercise pen. Later that night, he bit me -- and broke skin -- when I tried to pull my sock from his chomps.

And then this morning, minutes after I had confined him after eating, he pooped. And he got rid of the evidence -- for the most part. The stank gave him away.

It's hard to be mad at my little poop eater. Just look at his face.

3 comments:

Abby Martinek said...

Oh my goodness he is so adorable!! Yikes about the biting. Hopefully he doesn't do that again!

Anonymous said...

You got yourself a nice puppy there!

Anonymous said...

I have a small, barely-there scar on my right hand from the second week we had Mickey. I took him over to a friend's house to meet their Pomeranian ... they started to play fight and when I tried to pull him away, he snapped at me and bit my hand. Every time I look down at my hand and see the scar, I think of how far he has come.