Mostly, I think the Super Bowl cooking extravaganza with my cousin, Abby, did me in! We made bacon-wrapped, cream cheese-stuffed jalapeno poppers, guacamole and slow cooker pulled pork. Can I get a "Yum-o!"?
The recipes are below. With the exception of the pulled pork tacos, the recipes are more like guesstimates.
Guacamole
Ingredients:
4-5 ripe avocados
1/4-1/2 sliced onion, depending on your preference
3 minced garlic cloves
1-2 sliced tomatoes (seeds removed)
1 sliced jalapeno (seeds removed unless you like heat)
Sea salt to taste
Lime juice to taste
1. Slice the avocado, remove the pit and spoon the avocado into a bowl. Mash the avocados. Set pit aside.
2. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and jalapeno. Mix.
3. Add sea salt and lime juice to taste.
4. To prevent browning, throw the pits into the guacamole.
Jalapeno poppers
Ingredients:
Approx. 12 jalapenos
1 pkg of lean bacon (the less fat, the better), cut in half
1 pkg of cream cheese (not reduced fat)
1. Slice the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds.
2. Spoon cream cheese into the jalapeno.
3. Wrap a half bacon slice around the jalapeno.
4. Bake at approximately 400 degrees on a lined cookie sheet until bacon is brown and cheese is just starting to turn brown.
1 comment:
Um, I believe I went up about two dress sizes!! Worth it!
Thanks again for an AWESOME weekend!!
Post a Comment