
I try to practice what I preach. That is, if you want to enjoy running, find a friend. So today, I grabbed a buddy and we ran 7 miles in the snow at 6 a.m. together. You're probably wondering...
Was it tough getting up at 5:50 a.m. to run? Outside? In the cold? Not really. Knowing my pal Kara would be waiting for me motivated me to get my butt out of bed.
But it snowed. Indeed it did. And the sidewalks weren't yet clear at 6 a.m., can you believe it? The snow slowed us down, but the snowflakes were pretty spectacular, too. Running in the quiet of the morning made me feel like I was on a magical movie set.
Why? Spring marathon training, baby.
3 comments:
you are awesome!
How much did it snow there? I know it was headed your way and was supposed to start around 9 pm on Monday night...
I agree, there is something magical about being out super early in the morning with a fresh blanket of untouched snow on the ground. No matter where you are, it's just quiet and beautiful. Surreal.
You are one brave/tough girl, Brady!!
Post a Comment