Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I made muffins.

I haven't cooked much lately. Well, nothing original or made from scratch anyway. Maybe you noticed.

This weekend, minutes before I sent Ben to the grocery store (simple chores are down-right challenging on crutches), I decided I wanted to bake. So I asked him to pick up some peaches and eggs so I could whip up this simple muffin recipe from Recipe Girl.


This peach and brown sugar muffin recipe was so simple that I know I'll be following it again. It's easy to adjust, too. The muffins turned out light and tasty, and I don't think they're terribly unhealthy. I used wheat flour instead of white, which helped. When I make them again, I plan to add more peaches and allspice. And I'd like to introduce fresh ginger.

4 comments:

Abby B said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

That's all I have to say!

Emma said...

Yum, these look awesome!! I wonder if you could substitute oranges for peaches.

Lisa (newRDcook) said...

These sound very similar to the Peach Muffins I made and my thoughts were to add more peaches to that recipe, too! Muffins are such a great comfort food.

Brady said...

Lisa, do you think ginger would work?

Emma, bet you could substitute anything, really!

Abby, I agree!