Saturday, December 29, 2007

Best Buy, you corporate devil

I have good news and bad news about my camera.

The good news: I found my usb cable. This means I was able to hook up my Kodak camera to the charger that plugs into the wall.

The bad news: My camera has been connected to a perfectly good outlet for over two days, and, after repeated tries, it won't turn on.

Damn you, Best Buy. Either this charger is faulty or the camera was never fixed in the first place. Either way, I'm pissed. Now I have to make the trek to Best Buy and recount my ever-growing story to some poor schmuck who has probably grown accustomed to listening to grumpy patrons who come in every day and complain, bitching about a DVD player they paid way too much money for and, after just a year -- and naturally just days after their service contract expired -- no longer works. Or have to listen to this gal, who:

-brought in her camera on Oct. 20 because the charger didn't work
-got the camera back roughly three weeks later...without the charger
-waited at least three more weeks for the charger to return
-and when it didn't come, she returned to Best Buy -- after numerous calls to the store -- to raise hell
-which was pointless because she went home empty-handed with no answers
-only to return later that week for a free charger...that doesn't work
-which brings me back to Best Buy, more than two months after my initial visit to get my camera fixed

If I were Santa, Best Buy would be on my naughty list.

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

I'd call corporate and threaten....
I'd shake my fist....
I don't blame you for being angry.