Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

For the last few years, I have made the same resolution: gain a six-pack and lose five or 10 pounds. Neither really happened, and that is OK. I'm fit, so whether my stomach looks like a pack of beer doesn't really matter.

This year, as I nibble on a holiday cookie, I am documenting my 2008 goals. New Year's resolutions are cheesy and seldom followed through on, but goals are absolutely necessary for self-improvement. So here goes:

--Run one marathon and two half-marathons in 2008. It's way more attainable than it comes across. I ran the Twin Cities marathon two years ago, and I havelogged three half-marathons. I am weeks away from signing up for the Earth Day Half-Marathon, and Ben and I look forward to running the Chicago marathon together (we'll both be signed up for, but won't run next to each other, in the race). I just have to find a second half....

--Work at being a better writer. How vague is that, right? Well, that's why I phrased it "work at being" instead of just "being." Since college, I have spent much time at professional development. But that all changed last week.

So here's to a year of logging more miles and choosing better words.

No comments: