Ben and I have enjoyed holy matrimony for six months now. Our schedule today reveals just how much a typical (though we're happily typical) married couple we have become.
8 a.m. I took my brother-in-law and cousin to the VFW to pick up my cousin's car. We experienced a wild night of karaoke and cheap beer last night at the veteran's club. OK, they enjoyed cheap beer. I put the kibosh on drinking beer after one. Someone had to get the kiddies home at the end of the night.
9:30 a.m. I connected with my kick-ass aunt, who, just a notch over 40, can push me at running any day. We logged seven miles.
11 a.m. Ben returned from his run and cooked us a fine, hearty lunch of baked pork chops. Yumm.
1:30 p.m. We went to the Running Room, where the gear is spendy but necessary. He got running tights (so sexy!) and a hat. I bought gloves that are marketed as the store's warmest. I hope the store isn't using false advertising because I have diagnosed myself with Raynaud's disease, which means keeping the digits warm is very, very important.
2 p.m. We proceeded to the Tea Garden to treat ourselves after our ambitious morning runs.
2:30 p.m. We returned home. I retreated to the kitchen, where I did the dishes. Ben took his spot in the living room, where he's been working for the last 45 or so minutes.
I'd like to take a nap now, but I have to whip up a batch of homemade chili instead. Ah, the domestic life.
No comments:
Post a Comment