Sunday, January 20, 2008

Salsa picante!

Three words to spice up your marriage/relationship: salsa dance lessons.

For Christmas, Ben bought me a pack of dance classes. We opted to take salsa dancing, although we plan on pursuing other ballroom styles at some point. So far, we've taken four group classes and have loved it. Every Friday after work, we head to the dance studio in St. Paul, take our 50-minute class and have dinner at a new restaurant. Talk about heating up our date night.

When I told a former colleague recently about our latest adventure, he thought it was a great way to keep our marriage fresh. Only six months in, it really isn't that stale. But we'll always have salsa if it ever turns that way.

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Joe and I are trying to get signed up for wedding dance classes, but so far we have been really bad at the follow through.

Where do you go to take them?

Everywhere that I have found is SUPER expensive (although everything is expensive in my broke world!)