It all started on Tuesday, when, just blocks from home, Ben's Jeep died at the corner in front of Java Jack's.
Thankfully, we got it re-started only to have it die again 30 seconds later. We waited a little longer before trying it again. And by God, we made it all the way home. But Wednesday morning, the car started making funny noises again and keeled over again. So we had it towed to Roseville.
I have not a clue about cars, so I can't go into what was wrong with it. But tonight, I picked it up, paid the enormous bill and was on my merry way home, knowing I'd make it in time to watch Grey's Anatomy, when on the I-35W on-ramp , the malfunction indicator and check gages lights flickered on and the engine died.
This had never happened to me, at least when I was behind the wheel, so I quickly pulled the Jeep over hoping I wouldn't hit a car, flipped on my flashers, tried to start the car again, called Ben and started to ball.
So that's my story of why I cried on the I-35W on-ramp tonight. At least I got to drive a sweet silver Chrysler Town and Country home all the while feeling like a tool.
No comments:
Post a Comment