Friday, December 7, 2007

Pleasing my meat-lovin' man

I married a farm boy. And he L-O-V-E-S -- I mean looooooooves -- his red meat. So like a good wife, I gave him what he wanted tonight.

I made Paula Deen's bacon cheeseburger meatloaf. Yes, it is as fattening and as rich as it sounds. I have no interest in learning the calorie content, otherwise, I may never make it again. I usually get fat-free (which I'm starting to loathe) or light cheese, but I bought the real stuff tonight. And I think I mistakenly picked up the fattiest hamburger known to mankind. I did, however, use less bacon that the recipe called for.

I love my husband so much that I got my hands dirty. Really dirty. I mixed the raw meat, eggs, mayo, bacon, package of cheese, ketchup, mustard and bread crumbs together with my own hands. I'll spare you the gag-o-riffic details. At least the meatloaf tasted good.

I won't post the recipe here. Let me know if you want it, and I'll e-mail it.

No comments: