I dropped the ball this holiday season.
We have a basket full of holiday cards and photo postcards. It seems that every one of Ben's colleagues and a large number of family and friends -- single friends included -- got the urge to spread Christmas cheer this year. Missing from the pile is a holiday photo card of our lovely mugs.
Being a "Mrs." now, I wanted to send one out to everyone we know so I could spread a little cheer of my own and show off a gorgeous wedding photo, too. It's a right of passage for newly-weds and new parents, right?
But Ben, God bless him, thought we could spend our money on better things. And I agree -- the $5o or so it would take to buy the cards and slap a stamp on them could be spent on something else, say a charity like Toys for Tots.
When Shutterfly.com offered a discount on holiday cards earlier this month, I should have jumped at the opportunity. And to think, dozens of refrigerators could be adorned with a sweet card from us right now. Instead, they're decorated with photos of someone else's kids.
Well, there's always Valentine's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment