Getting married has destroyed my hands.
I wash dishes for two now. Almost every day, the dishes pile up. And almost every day, I wash them. On weekends, I've washed dishes multiple times a day. I do this because we don't have a dish washer, I hate clutter and my husband -- well -- is worthless when it comes to washing dishes (he does other things around the house). He either has to work at home after dinner or is just too tired (yes, I can hear the violin player, too) to do them.
So for the first time in my life, my hands seem irreparably dry and sometimes cracked. I never required hand moisturizer. Now I have a bottle in the bathroom and lotion in my desk at work. I cringe when I have to shake hands.
Being a wife is hard.
1 comment:
Two words my friend. Rubber gloves.
Post a Comment