Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dear Senator, I propose....

For the life of me, I cannot say no.

So I propose candy-free workplaces. Schools are going healthy nowadays, so why shouldn't places of employment? Minnesota has banned cigarettes in the workplace. Let's move on to the tarts and chocolates. Perhaps I should write my senator about my idea for the next brilliant piece of education. I can just imagine now looking up the bill on Thomas and seeing all those co-sponsors from both sides of the aisle.

OK, maybe that's extreme. But seriously. For a girl who has turned into someone who has no willpower when it comes to sugar, let's hide the candy at least. I work in a small office, and on the center table yesterday and today was a HUGE basket full of goodies -- Hot Tamales, Kit-Kat's, Sugar Babies (a long lost love!).

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

Well, I think I might be with you! I thought I would be able to make it through the Halloween season with giving the candy and not receiving... Unfortunately there were multiple unfortunate events that caused me to be on the receiving end of the cavity causers.
1) (and nobody informed me of this) NO CHILDREN TRICK-OR-TREAT IN TOWNHOME NEIGHBORHOODS! Joe and I sat on the couch in total excitement of all of the cute little kiddies we would be passing candy out to... we had three and I should have given them each about 80 pieces because that was about how much we had to give.
2) EVERYONE BROUGHT THERE CANDY IN TO WORK! It's everywhere! My goal was to lose weight for the holidays, not explode into sugary fatness!
So, in other words, I know how you feel! Candy should be outlawed in the office!