Thursday, November 8, 2007

A pretty good pasta recipe

Pasta is perhaps my favorite dish. So I was pretty darn happy when Ben and I made BLT pasta Sunday night and loved it so much that we gobbled up the leftovers Monday night. Here's the recipe:

"BLT" Pasta
Prep: 10 min.
Total: 20-25 min.
(if you're me...)

3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
4 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, cut up (I used fat free)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package.

Meanwhile, cook cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese in large skillet on medium-high heat for three minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients, cook and stir for five minutes or until heated through.

Drain pasta, return to pan. Add sauce, toss to coat.

Makes four servings, 1 1/2 cups each.

Source: Kraft recipes

Special notes: I used some garlic salt for extra taste.

No comments: