Do you ever dream about how good something will be only to have reality crush your dreams?
Dumb question. Of course you have. Well, that happened to me today. Twice.
Example #1
Ben and I continue to develop a deeper connection with our church by volunteering every four weeks as greeters (OK, I put the food in the baskets because I'm "shy"). It's made me think about the value of donating our time and how important it is. So yesterday, I suggested to Ben that we volunteer at another organization. However, I didn't have a brilliant suggestion as to where we could share our time.
Until today. I know animal shelters need volunteers. And I love dogs. So I proposed this afternoon that we volunteer at the Humane Society. I even sent Ben the link on volunteering.
He laughed at me. He thinks it's part of my grand plot to one day sneak home a puppy that just happened to be accompanied by adoption papers and immunization records. I, of course, denied that this would ever happen. It's not logical for us to welcome a little one into our home at this time. In fact, I said that it would offer us the opportunity to be around dogs since we can't have them.
I'm currently looking for other volunteer opportunities.
Example #3
I'm been thinking about squash ever since I tried butternut squash ravioli at Al Vento this past weekend. So instead of having baked potatoes with our steak tonight, I suggested that we try acorn squash. Ben stuffed it with walnuts, brown sugar, nutmeg and butter, and then he grilled the squash.
It tasted earthy. Is that a good thing? No, no, it isn't a good thing at all. That is the last time I'll ever eat squash at home unless someone can prove to me that squash can be as heavenly as it is earthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment