Monday, October 8, 2007

Obsessed

I've realized that my two obsessions these days -- and for the past couple of years, actually -- are running and food.

I have a challenging time talking about things other than my running goals (and usually not accomplishing them) and pastries, in particular.

So this post will be no different than my recent conversations with friends and family.

I've been using Runner's World training log, and I can't emphasize enough how cool it is to be able to track your miles and how much time you run each week and month. I've been running an average of three hours every week. Of course that's not three hours in one outing, but spread among four different trips around the lakes or along the river.

Also, yesterday I realized that I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to the heat. I ran the Twin Cities 10-miler around six minutes slower than the Bear Water Run 10-miler I participated in a few weeks ago. During the Bear Water Run, I was focused and happy. Yesterday, I should have felt grateful that I was lucky enough to get into the race. Instead, I'm pretty sure I thought of all the expletives I could use to describe my race. Who wouldn't? It was 72 at 6:30 a.m. and humidity level was at 87 percent.

Some kid standing along Summit Avenue held up a sign that read: "What the ?#@$! was I thinking?"

My thoughts exactly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to update the text in your blog header - it says you're still jobless. :)