I'm hired. Finally.
Three months after being a bum -- and kind of enjoying it -- I've landed a job at a small weekly. I'm excited, nervous, ready. I start tomorrow. It's a day that I've been praying for and counting on for a long time.
I hope that my inner domestic diva -- however small -- does not die with this job. When I worked in Washington, I lived like a bachelor. My pad was minimal. My fridge was bare. I was too tired to cook after I got home from work and exercising.
I wonder how I'll juggle it all -- maintaining our gorgeous place, cooking dinner and preparing lunch before the next day's work, running five days a week and eventually training for a marathon (I'm hoping to do one this spring), reading for myself and entertaining.
Many a woman have done it, so I should be able to find that balance, too. And when I do, maybe I can add "super woman" to my resume.
No comments:
Post a Comment