Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I've got competition

Today was my first day on the job, and I'm already tired. Tonight I had to wrap up some freelance work, and tomorrow I have a 12 to 13-hour work day ahead of me.

Meanwhile, Ben still wants me to be a domestic diva. I made dinner -- tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches (hey, I was craving it). But, for the first time since we've lived together, Ben put on the apron. He washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen.

Who's the domestic diva now?

***************************************************************************************

There's a Martha Stewart wannabe in the office, and today she brought in a simple recipe for banana bread. Competition? I think so.

2 comments:

Abby Martinek said...

Can he come and teach Joe?

I'm about ready to give up on him actually doing anything as far as cleaning up goes!

Brady said...

I don't know how much knowledge he can pass on to Joe. He cooks, but he's not big into cleaning. I almost always do the dishes and laundry. And straighten up the house, make the bed, dust, and on and on.

Still, he's a keeper and I love him!!!