What is it with recipe directions that don't spell out every detail? For amateurs like me, I need every detail, even if it should be common sense. I mean, common sense is just something I don't have a lot of in the area of culinary arts.
For example, today I was looking in my Idiot's Guide: Cooking for Two book to come up with a new meal to try this week. I've settled on spicy chicken quesadillas. We love Mexican fare, and I've been wanting to try making quesadillas for a while.
The directions seemed simple enough at first. But after reading the directions a few times, I realized there was nothing about what to do with the mix of mayo, chili powder and cilantro. Do you combine it with the chicken before baking the quesadillas? Or do you use it as a side? I'm going to combine the chicken and mayo mix. It should work. But what if it doesn't?
Damn those cookbook editors.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben and I ran the Bear Water Run 10-miler yesterday. We grumbled when we had to get out of bed at 6 a.m. to the 40-degree weather. Ben asked, "Why did you sign us up for this thing?"
But the Lion's Club did a fantastic job of organizing the seventh annual race. And despite the hills around every corner during miles three through six, we had reasonably good finishing times.
Ben also ran part of the race with an inspiring man. He used to be overweight and his doctor was going to increase his dosage when he decided that he would take his health into his own hands. He started running. He's since run six marathons and lost 50 pounds.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grey's Anatomy starts in less than two weeks. I'm so excited I could break out a bottle of champagne.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you heard the latest iPod commercial? The leader of Feist is in it, and she's singing 1-2-3-4. Ben and I loved the song. I have since bought the CD on iTunes. I recommend listening to her CD The Reminder if you have time.
1 comment:
"Feist" is a woman. Leslie Feist. Her stage name is "Feist". I love her too. :)
Post a Comment