I don't know whether to cry or laugh or pick up the bottle.
I followed up today on a part-time receptionist position I had applied for two weeks ago, and I was informed that while I have an "interesting" background, I am not being considered for an interview. The reason had something to do with other candidates more closely fitting the position's requirements.
Answer the phone? Check. I talked to strangers, usually pleasantly, every day at my last job.
Order supplies? Check. I am the CEO of this household, and I know when it's time to buy toilet paper.
Organize the mail? Check. I worked as a bank teller and was an assistant in my high school guidance counselor's and principal's offices, where much organizing was done.
Not to mention that I have a college degree and years of professional experience. And I would agree that I have a darn fascinating background.
OK, so I won't pick up the bottle. I shouldn't even joke about that sort of thing. Besides, I'm a light weight, and it wouldn't do much good. I've laughed a little already. But I might have a good cry left in me.
3 comments:
Hang in there! I'll be sending positive thoughts to you and your potential employers!
Thank you Abby! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Oh bummer. Rejection is not fun. Sorry, honey.
Post a Comment