Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oink, oink baby.


I've made food that's decent, good, worth making again.

But tonight, I tried a recipe that forced -- yes, forced -- me to eat my food slowly so I could appreciate each bite. It's the kind of recipe I would like to try on guests and family.

Tonight, I had the best pork chop of my life. Not in some fancy restaurant, but in my very own home. And I made it.

What made the pork chops so good? For starters, these were moist little babies. I'm usually not a big fan of pork chops because they tend to be dry. Also, if you know me, you know that I adore sweets. Point of fact: I've had so many mini Halloween candy bars today that I won't even repeat the number. Back to the chops, the sauce was sweet and gooey, candy-like, even. Kind of like feasting on dessert, only it wasn't.

And it was easy to make. I spent less than 5 minutes prepping, and the pork chops only took about 10 minutes to cook. And the sauce, well, that only took a few minutes, too.

So just give you the recipe already, OK, here it is. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Abby B said...

That looks pretty good! I checked out the recipe - I'm not a fan of sweet, but I looked at the comments and it seems as though people really liked it. Not too sweet. Hmmm... Joe's not a fan of pork chops - maybe this will change his mind?

I think I'll be trying this one!