So far in 2009, I have run 877 miles. The non-runner is probably thinking, "Whoa, that's alotta miles."
When I see that number, all I can think about is that I have 123 more to go between now and Dec. 31 until I reach 1,000 miles -- roughly the number of miles I logged in 2008.
That year was the year of the race for me. Not only did I run a full marathon, I also ran a 20-mile race, three half-marathons and a 10k. (Full disclosure: 20-mile races are more like training runs for the marathon. I don't really care about time.)
As we approach the dawn of the holiday season, I feel like I'm to have to make a conscious effort to hit 1,000. It is damn tough, at least for me, to get off the couch when I'm home for Thanksgiving and Christmas and put on running tights, throw on a long-sleeve and hat, and pull my Asics out of the closet for even a short jog.
If only I had more relatives who like to run. And who aren't shy about kicking my ass out the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment