Monday, October 12, 2009

Really, it's just as good or even better than pumpkin pie

I may not have been Better Than Pumpkin Pie's biggest cheerleader when I initially wrote about it.

Turns out, the pie gets better with time. The spices come through. And the sweetness isn't as overpowering as it is when the pie first comes out of the oven.

The pie is so good that Ben gobbled up over half of it. With the exception of my initial slice, I only snuck bites in here and there. I baked the pie Friday night, and it was gone by yesterday afternoon. Yummy but oh so naughty.

I encourage you to make the pie for Thanksgiving or Christmas or for a dinner party. We're having it again on Friday night because Ben is inviting friends over for a steak dinner.

Well, I'm off to make pumpkin cupcakes for a dinner party tonight. 'Tis the season. Winter is here early.

No comments: