Friday, October 9, 2009

Better than Pumpkin Pie

Sometimes my favorite fall days are the crappy ones. The ones when it rains all day, is cold and dreary.

Today was that day.

I knew it was coming. I am a chronic forecast checker. And so I planned how I would spend my day -- hanging at home, baking and watching TV with the world's cutest dog. Today was a perfect day to bake my first pie.

We had leftover butternut squash from the weekend. After a quick scan on the net for butternut squash recipes, I found this one. Better than Pumpkin Pie is good. Is it truly better than pumpkin pie? I'll leave that for you to judge.

I found it to taste heavy on sugar and light on spice, even though I added a little more than a pinch each of the spices required. That's saying a lot because I looooove sweets. Next time, I will reduce the amount of brown sugar and add a little more spice.

I would post a picture, but I already cut into the pie and it doesn't look nearly as beautiful as it did when I pulled it out of the oven. So you will just have to trust that I did a decent job with it.

Let the fall and winter baking continue!

No comments: