Monday, October 26, 2009

Random.

I am considering applying for an unpaid, very part-time internship in public radio.

I baked blueberry muffins (the kind with the strudel on top) yesterday. They were of the box variety. My husband enjoyed them and said I'm a great homemaker.

We had our first guests this weekend since moving here. We spent a rainy afternoon in downtown Chicago, saw a drag show for free at Northwestern, ate really bad food, drank too many beers in Wrigleyville, strolled the beach, enjoyed steak in a red-wine sauce with shallots at home, and saw a scary movie. We have guests visiting through mid-November. Apparently no one wants to brave the Chicago winter.

In one week, I start my writing class at the Newberry Library. I'm petrified but also very, very excited. I have a notebook next to my bed so I can write down essay ideas as they come to me. I think I may have one or two decent ideas.

I got the dry heaves after a 7.5-mile run with Ben yesterday afternoon. The heaves sucked; the run was excellent. Nothing better than running on a mild October day when the streets are lined with trees with gold leaves. Ben and I have never run more than 3 or 4 miles together because I'm usually too slow for him. That was not the case yesterday. Being unemployed = a lot of time for running. Attending MBA school = few opportunities to run.

1 comment:

Anna W. said...

APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!