I am not adventurous in the kitchen.
I stick to recipes with few ingredients and simple directions. I seldom stray from the recipe.
But tonight -- after getting home late from a pilates class (more on that later) -- I thought what the heck. Experiment, I shall.
The plan for dinner was four-cheese wheat tortellini in a package. I had some pumpkin and evaporated milk on hand. I mixed about a 1/2 cup of pumpkin and about a 1/3 cup of evaporated milk (I wasn't measuring, so this explanation could be off), together in a sauce pan over slightly high heat. I added in a tablespoon of olive oil, some garlic and shallots.
Does the combination repulse you? I would agree it might sound odd. But many of the ingredients were in a recipe I had looked at yesterday for ravioli with pumpkin sauce.
The tortellini and pumpkin sauce turned out. And the parmesan and red chili pepper flakes I added on top rounded out the sauce nicely.
On to pilates.
Some of you may know that I applied for a retail position. Not a dream job, but a girl's gotta make money to pay the bills. I will not name the store here. I will only say that it's an athletic apparel store.
I interviewed in a group nearly two weeks ago and was asked to come in for a yoga class this week to meet some of the team members. I decided tonight would be the night. The store was hosting yoga for athletes. And as a yoga virgin, I heard this would be a good starter class.
I showed up at 7 -- only to find out that yoga had been canceled. But I could try pilates -- another first -- instead. There was no way I could say "no thanks" and turn around. I had to make a good impression. And really, what was the difference between trying yoga for the first time and pilates for the first time?
So I stayed. I tried it. I hurt.
1 comment:
Ah! Good old pilates! Oh man, I feel for you today! Pilates will whip your butt in a heartbeat!
Post a Comment