Monday, July 28, 2008

Royal thoughts on the throne

I do some of my best thinking and reminiscing on the road or in the bathroom.

Today, during a potty break, I thought about the last six years. Now, you're probably thinking: That was one long pee break. Not true. I was in and out of the bathroom in a matter of minutes.

Around this time...
Six years ago, I was preparing for my freshman year in college.

Five
years ago, I was about to wrap up a communications internship in Sioux Falls and move to Thailand, where I lived with Ben for four months.

Four
years ago, I was living at home and getting ready to start working for the Minnesota Daily.
Three years ago, I was about to finish a summer gig at a newspaper in Winona. I was also in training mode for my first full marathon. I also said goodbye -- for a few months -- to Ben, who had just moved to NYC:(

Two years ago, I was in Washington, trying to climb the hellish learning curve of covering DC politics.

One year ago, I had just gotten married and returned from a 10-day honeymoon in Hawaii.

Today, I'm in a good place. I have a great job, a wonderful husband and a very loving family. Now, about that dog....

No comments: