Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Two people, one GPS device and a California highway

When I first started writing this post, I detailed every pit stop during our trip to California. I've since decided to bore you only with the highlights.

We....

-- watched six different baseball teams play in four stadiums.
--put about 1,000 miles over a week on the PT Cruiser we rented.
--visited three different graduate schools.
--drove along scenic Highway 1.
--hiked in Big Sur, and I almost cried (OK, I shed a tear or two) because I'm afraid of heights.
--stopped at four wine tasting rooms, where we drank probably 20 different wines. I got buzzed.
--paid about $10 to travel along the 17-mile drive at Pebble Beach. Not sure if I'd pay to drive along the beach again.
--barked along with the seals.
--stayed near San Diego, Los Angeles, Monterey and San Francisco.
--ran on rocky cliffs along the ocean.
--realized that a properly-working GPS device and a pact to get along mean we won't have to suffer through hours of couples' therapy.

***Photos to come soon. Ben saved them to his computer.

No comments: