My husband is moving away for a summer internship and we are left with the decision: Who gets the Garmin 305?
We share it and, by that, I mean that Ben purchased it about two years ago and I take it whenever he isn't using it. It's been with me for long training runs and guided me during the Fargo Marathon, at which I PR'd.
As I ramp up training this summer for the Chicago Marathon, I think it's only fair that I get it, right? And my friends agree, until I tell them that Ben is also running the Chicago Marathon.Woops.
Had I not just bought a new bike, I would go out and buy a Garmin watch for myself. And I would justify it because Ben also got a bike (which was "a bit" more expensive than the one I got, by the way). There's a big sale at REI this weekend through Memorial Day, and the Garmin Forerunner 405CX will be discounted $100. This baby spits out average pace, current pace and distance and is well worth the money.
Early birthday present? Mine is only six months away. Anniversary gift? We'll be married for three years in July.
Garmin execs, if you're reading this, please help a runner out. I will put a GPS watch to good use while training for the Chicago Marathon for the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation's team. I promise!
In other news, I got my deferral certificate in the mail today from the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon. I would have run the marathon on May 2 had I not gotten injured. I wasn't certain my application would get accepted. Unfortunately, injuries while marathon training aren't all that uncommon. Because I received a deferral, I can run the marathon next year for a minimal fee ($10) if I want. So, I guess my spring marathon is decided. Yay!
2 comments:
I totally understand about this. It's hard not to run without the Garmin. I'm considering upgrading mine.
my brother and i were looking at the Garmin 405cx last year. there were a lot of people who weren't happy with it compared to the 305. they didn't like the battery life or the lack of real buttons.
however, rei does have it on sale and i think there's a garmin rebate on it right now.
personally, i'd get the 305 but the 405 is slightly sexier.
--mark--
Post a Comment