Sunday, November 30, 2008

On motherhood...

In less than two weeks, I've become a doting mom.

Today, for example, Ben and I brushed Indiana's teeth, cleaned his ears, expressed his butt glands, and so on.

I carry him down the stairs, because at 5 months (he's 5 months tomorrow) they are still a challenge for him. I clean his butt after an occasional messy poop. And we wipe his paws when we come into the house.

Even though we pledged not to bring him into our bed, we occasionally will sleep with him in our bed for a few minutes at night or in the morning.

And while I type this, he is relaxing across my stomach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we got Mickey we said:
1) No dogs allowed on the furniture.
2) No people food.
3) No dogs on the bed.

Slowly, but surely, Mickey has chipped away at those rules.

He's now on the couch as much as he likes.

He gets people food occasionally.

He LOVES the bed. He goes to bed in his kennel every night but he wakes up and whines and ends up in our bed for a few hours in the morning.