Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Indiana, explained

After several e-mails today, I realized I left a lot of questions unanswered about Indiana.

Q: What's behind the name?
A: Ben is a huge fan of Indiana Jones. So long time ago, Ben asked if we could name our dog Indiana if we ever got one.

Q: How big is Indiana?
A: He appears big for a puppy in his close-up mugs. But he's really only about 10 pounds. He'll likely end up around 20 or 25 pounds.

Q: Is he trained?
A: He poops outside but pees indoors.

Q: Did you know you were getting a puggle?
A: Heck no. I had a weird feeling Saturday that Ben might get me a dog. But I knew better. And I had recently gotten an e-mail from our landlord saying he preferred we not get one. So that was that. Ben called him yesterday, though, and explained that puggles aren't big dogs.

Indiana is a huge surprise. It was hard being away from him today. I feel like a mom.

Q: Does he have any weird quirks?
A: He snores loudly, so he and Ben have that in common. He hasn't barked yet. And he hates his leash.

Q: Is he playful?
A: Not really. He sleeps a lot. We're sure that will change.

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

I'm pretty sure the pictures and stories are well worth posting on the family blog!!

I'm so jealous! I had to go to my parent's house last night and I told them about you getting a puppy... Needless to say, this started my dad whining to my mom because he wants a puppy and then I promptly went home and whined to Joe. Again.

Hahahaha!