Sunday, December 7, 2008

Second annual baking party

Baking with the gals during the holidays at my house has become a tradition.

For the second year, I invited my close friends to bake and swap cookies and other goodies. This year's gathering was a big hit. We added a fourth person, meaning more sweets to go around.

While sipping wine and sparkling juice, we baked and talked. We each worked at our own "station." And everyone took turns washing and drying dishes, though Heather did a bulk of the work (sorry Heather!).

Within about four hours, we were able to pull off six different recipes. With the exception of burning my first batch of spritz cookies, we had no major catastrophes.

Photos to come. Until here, here's the line-up of ladies and what we made:

Brady
Chocolate Snoballs (see recipe here)
Spritz cookies (see recipe here)

*I have two recommendations for the spritz cookies. Depending on your oven, you likely will not have to bake the cookies for the 12-15 minutes recommended. Mine were done in about eight minutes. I wanted to double the amount of cinnamon, but forgot. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Britt
Double chocolate cherry drops (see this amazing recipe here)

Naomi
Mini ginger cookies (to die for)
Chocolate pumpkin fudge (healthy and delicious)

Heather
Rice crispy bars with Dots!

No comments: