Thursday, June 26, 2008

The joys of marrying a financial anaylst


My desire for a dog has turned into a full-fledged obsession.

The other night, I dreamed about a batch of puppies. They were either Boston terriers or miniature schnauzers. They look dramatically different, but I can't recall my dream well enough to remember which kind of dogs they were.

Anyway...

A few weeks ago, Ben -- probably fed up hearing about dogs -- called and asked me to spend a few hours doing what he does every day at work. So I put together a spreadsheet, calculating the acquisition and annual costs of owning a dog.

Dogs are expensive. But I already knew that. And as my colleagues and sister, who are dog owners, said, you can't put a price on a dog. They're cheap therapy. Man's best friend.

So I think I'll be getting one of these anyway. Someday.

Ben just gave me $100, which I initially said I'd give back. Now I'm not so sure. Two words: Dog fund.

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

Agreed, agreed, agreed!

Definitely need a dog. Can you put a price on the companionship and unconditional love of someone who will be the best listener and best comfort you have ever known?

Nope. You cannot.