Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today I smelled like my coffee drink

I treated myself to a cafe miel this morning on my way into work. It was my reward for crawling out of bed at 6:15 a.m. to run.

The cafe miel is my favorite froo froo drink. It's the perfect blend of sweetness and caffeine. The cinnamon and honey give the drink a natural flavor, unlike the syrups. Gross.

About 10 minutes into my ride to Anoka County, I grabbed the cup for a quick sip.

I don't know how it happened. Going 65 mph (in a 60 zone), the cup slipped from my hands. Instead of raising it to my lips, I dropped it onto my lap. Hot coffee onto my lap.

It burned slightly. But that wasn't the worst of it. The I-just-had-an-accident sensation was worse. The coffee soaked my black capris (thank God I didn't wear the white skirt). All this before a county board meeting.

So I stopped at a McDonald's, ran into the bathroom and stood under the dryer. I stayed in the bathroom as long as I could without a missing persons report being filed.

Then I drove the rest of the way to the board meeting and walked into the government center, soggy pants and all.

1 comment:

Abby Martinek said...

Sad day! Agreed, the miel is DELICIOUS!